* 4 medium Zucchini, washed and sliced in 1 inch pieces
* 1 large Yellow Crookneck Squash, washed and sliced in 1 inch pieces
* 1 Pattypan Squash, quartered
* 1 large Onion, thinly sliced
* 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
* 3 cups Chicken Broth, defatted
* Salt and Ground White Pepper to taste
* 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil, finely chopped
* 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
* 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1. Place squash, onion, garlic, broth, salt, and white pepper in a large saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
5. Puree the squash mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth.
6. Set aside a small amount of the basil and parsley for garnishing.
7. Add the basil, parsley and lemon juice and puree again.
Super good–great way to use the leftover summer squash! Jammed packed with Vitamin C and B. Good to eat to prevent heart disease.