1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Pour 4 cups unsweetened apple juice (I used water) into a large pot. Add two cinnamon sticks (I used ground cinnamon) and bring to a boil.
3. Cut off the top and bottom portion of each apple and discard. Hold the apple firmly, and use a sharp knife to slice into 1/4-inch chips.
4. Add slices to boiling apple juice. Return to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Lift apple slices out of apple juice with a large slotted spoon. Place slices on paper towels to absorb excess juice and pat dry.
6. Spread slices into a single layer on wire cooling racks and place on middle shelf in oven. Bake 30 to 40 minutes (Took me nearly an hour!). Remove from oven when slices are golden brown.
7. Leave apple chips on racks to cool. Serve alone or with a cup of yogurt for a healthy snack. Store any leftovers in an airtight container.