Good thing I was short on eggs because… these were the best chocolate cookies I’ve ever had! They are perfectly fluffy and moist with all the yummyness that a chocolate chip cookie should have. I put these cookies to the ultimate test and brought them as the dessert to a dinner party that night. I was nervous at how everyone would like the cookies. I loved them, but I haven’t had a “real” cookie (with gluten & grains) in quite a long time, so I didn’t 100% trust my taste buds.
How did it go? They were all devoured within about 10 minutes, adults and teens alike loved them. I was paid the same compliment from one of the daughters, that “these are the best chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever had.” A gluten-free and grain-free was the best she’d ever had! Since all our cookies were eaten last night, we had to make more tonight. Yum!
- 2 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and blend with a spoon.
- Add the wet ingredients and blend it well with a spoon.
- Drop about a tablespoon of batter in each cookie spot on the cookie sheets. Space them about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until they are starting to brown around the edges.
–Recipe taken from http://comfybelly.com/