This dressing packs quite a punch both in flavor and in Vitamin C!
- 2 medium peeled and grated carrots
- 1 small chopped shallot
- 1 two inch piece of peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 2 T white wine vinegar
- 1/4 C water
- 1/4 C olive oil
- Coarse salt
1. Process carrots, shallot, ginger, vinegar, and water in a food processor until smooth.
2. With machine running, slowly add oil. Season with salt.
–Modified from a Whole Living recipe
Enjoy this yummy sauce on almost anything. We used it on lamb, turkey sauce, and salads.
- 2 1-pound ripe mangoes, peeled, seeded (Or frozen mangos)
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 serrano chiles, halved, seeded
Blend all ingredients in processor until smooth. Transfer to small bowl. Season with salt. Cover and chill.
One of the best Italian comfort foods… done healthy!
2 t olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
hot red pepper flakes to taste
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 c marinara sauce
1/4 c chopped basil
8 oz mozzarella, shredded (I used cheddar instead)
4 oz Parmesan, grated
1/2 c almond meal
Using a casserole dish, put in the olive oil and crushed garlic-mix. Spice it up with red pepper flakes. Put chicken breasts in and then marinara sauce. Next, put fresh herbs-basil, and then layer 1/2 of each cheese. Sprinkle almond meal on top of the cheese. Then add the rest of the cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
* Note: I modified the chef’s original recipe to make it gluten free
At our house we don’t eat all that much bacon but every once in awhile, it is an awesome breakfast treat! We’ve tried a variety of bacons but the winner by a landslide is Trader Joe’s Applewood Smoked Bacon. On Valentine’s Day I decided to surprise my love and make him a fun breakfast… Bacon Hearts! It was a hit on many levels–tasty and romantic.
1 package of bacon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut your bacon slices in half. Using the 2 pieces, shape the bacon into a heart on a sheet pan. Back for 18-25 minutes.
And if you want an easy way to cook bacon not in hearts, just bake it in the oven for 400 degrees for 12-17 minutes. Super easy and much less messy!